A Child Called "it" #3

David mentioned one day his mother walked into the room while he was in his prisoner of war position, which was a type of siting that his mother made him sit in that wasn't comfortable. He said she told him to sit on the bed, she told him she hated the way things between them were. This made me mad because after all the things she did like poisoning him with ammonia and Clorox, all of a sudden she wants it to end. David said for two days everything was amazing. He ate, played, and was part of the family. Later that day a social worker came to the house and asked David in front of his mom if he had ever been beaten by his mom. He panicked and said," No, only when I have been a bad boy." The social worker sensed the energy coming from his mother and him. When she left mother said," You little shit!" David then knew everything was going back to normal. She swung at him and threw constant punches at his face. She banished him back to the basement. This made me realize that the only reason his mother was being nice to him is so he would tell the social worker that nothing was wrong. From that moment on David referred to mother as," the bitch." I then thought about what his father was doing while all this was happening. David said he would leave early in the morning and sometimes not come home till the next day. David loved his father because when he was around David would still get punished and stuff but not as much. His father knew what was happening and felt pity for David but had no power to stop it. One day his mother picked up a knife and told him to finish his chores or she'd kill him. Then she accidentally fell because she was so drunk and stabbed him in the chest. My heart jumped at this part, because out of all the things she has done this was the worst. For days she was kind to him and helped him heal. Then she got right back to normal. one day David's father said he couldn't take it anymore and he left and never came back. David knew this means no more protection. I was very upset with David's dad for walking out when his mother was doing these things to David.

Work cited
Pelzer, Dave. A child called "it". Florida, FL, Health Communications, Inc, 1995.


Comments

  1. It is horrible that these things happen to a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you explained the story and show his emotions toward this story. It made me have a strong feeling about they story. He explained the events in order very well. He also backed up as to why he feel what happened was wrong. Even though, I did not read the story they made me feel like I read it and know what happened throughout the story. He gave a good background on what the story was about. But I was wondering did he enjoy the book. Was it his favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you started the blog. The blog is very long. How many words did you have? Your blog makes me want to read the story. I like how the blog flows and the rhythm of it. Good punctuation in the blog. What is prisoner war position? Is this a real life story? What made you choose “A Child Called “it”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way he was treated is bad and i’m happy that i’m not treated like that. Then I was younger momma used to whooped me,when ever I smarted of to her, but never as bad as his mom treated him.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful blog. I fully enjoyed reading this and i think the format was great. The cruelty of children being treated like this makes me sick. This is very scary but it also gives a point of view of what it is like to be rejected and hurt. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan i would have never expected you to read a book like this with the language and violence in it but i give you a congratulations for trying something out of the box for you to read. I really enjoyed it the excitement about the text it’s excruciating about the kid and how he gets beat that’s awful but it gives the story life and i would have no idea how you would compare this to your life because i know for a fact this would have happen with your parents you are an amazing friend and a cool guy.I love everything possible about this text because it never slows down and is very exciting all the way to the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Child Called "it" #1

A Child Called "it" #2