A Child Called "it" #1

At the beginning of the book " A Child Called "it"" Our character David talks about the sick, twisted ways his mother would torture him and how she covered it up. When Dave talked about all these things all I felt was pity for him because he did nothing wrong and he was being brutally injured by his mother. He talked about her slapping him, kicking him, punching him, and starving him. I am surprised that Dave survived. He talked about her hitting him and telling him to tell everyone he ran into a pole. When he got to school the school nurse saw his bruises and asked to see him. By the way he said he took off his shirt and pants it was as if he had done it before. She asked him what happened and he said," I ran into a pole." She said that he said that last time, he tried to cover it with another lie because he knew if his mother find out, who knows what punishment she has in store for him. When Dave finally broke down and told the lady she went and talked to the school principle and he called a sheriff. The sheriff, the nurse, and the principle sat down with Dave and asked him about his mother. When he finally broke down and told them the officer took Dave with him to a place where he asked for his mother's phone number. Dave panicked, he knew that mother would kill him for telling someone. If I was put in this situation I would be scared too, just knowing that someone may hurt me for telling on them. The officer got on the phone and told his mother that David was in the hands of the police department. Then the officer drove him to a city line and told him," David Pelzer, you are free." I loved this part because that means no more beatings, no more torture, no more hurt. If I were in David's shoes I would pray to God giving thanks for freeing me of my mother.


Work cited
Pelzer, Dave. A child called "it". Florida, FL, Health Communications, Inc, 1995.

Comments

  1. Jordan did a very well job writing this blog. I like the fact he split up his blogs within the beginning, middle, and end of the book. I also read this book and feel like he explains this very well. I like the detail he put into this as well as evidence to back it up. I also like how he implied his personal opinion. Very well written for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was greatly written u do a very great job on this blog post.You gave great detail about this book and made me feel really emotional about the character Dave and how he was abused.I do have a few questions about the book. Is this book based off of a true story? What is going to happen to Dave after he gets saved? In this blog post I liked how you gave your personal opinion and how u would have went about this if you were in Dave's shoes.Great job with this blog postit was greatly written!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Child Called "it" #3

A Child Called "it" #2